Our weather has been fabulous. Yesterday we reached 70 degrees! Today is supposed to be nice also but not as nice as yesterday. Then tonight a cold front is coming through and we could have snow! It won't stick but still will be a shock to go from Spring back to Winter. Then this weekend it will be Spring like again. Crazy weather here, how is it in your neck of the woods?
Over the weekend Zoie and I worked on her 100th Day of School project. She decided to add 100 sequins to a shirt that she would wear to school. We had a fun time gluing all these on her shirt. She even tried to do a pattern in most rows. She was so intent on it that I sometimes had to remind her she had to be quick as the glue dries quickly. Here is the finished project.
Our Coloring Down the Lines blog hop today is all about the Occasions catalog. I hope you have your catalog but if not contact me and I can send you one.
There were some items from the Occasions catalog I had not played with. I pulled them all out and made some decisions. I had received a swap that had a black dragonfly that the creator had cut out and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I decided to do my take on that idea. I cut out a black dragonfly and then used the Wink of Stella clear pen to make it sparkly - gotta have my bling! Now I pulled out my Falling in Love dsp as I had not used it either. Using my dragonfly I tried several of the papers. I was drawn to this one which looks like Queen Anne's Lace with some sparkle. There is no sparkle it is just the way the paper is designed that makes it look that way. After I had my paper and my dragonfly I needed a card base. I tried several that were listed on the package as colors used in the dsp. None of them looked good with the dsp and dragonfly so I decided to try the Basic Black. Wow did the whole card look elegant so I went with it. I also had not played with the Lace Doilies so I took one of them and tried it. I liked the look of a half doily so I cut it in half. I decided to try one of the paper clips with a snippet of ribbon tied to the end. It looked good and added just the right touch so I clipped it in the middle of the doily. The dsp was then attached to the card base. To keep the end of the doily down a glue dot was added to each end. To finish off the card front I added the dragonfly using dimensionals on the body. Here is my completed creation.
inside of card and envelope
Stampin' Up supplies used for my creation
Thanks for visiting me today. I am hoping to do some more designing today. Have a Wonderful Wednesday!