Well yesterday was busy but lots of fun! The Bingo night was successful and the ladies enjoyed winning some Stampin' Up items and doing some make-n-takes. Today I have my scrapbooking class. I have 4 ladies who are coming to make two 2 page spreads that have a Valentine/Love theme. This will be a monthly class so if you missed it you will definitely want to be on the look out for the next one.
I was checking out some of my groups on Facebook when I ran across a card I really liked. I searched for the blog and found several cards that I really liked. The card had used black, yellow, and blue. I loved how striking the card was. I decided to recreate the card using our supplies. I began by creating the white layer. I used the same idea on the Slot Front card I shared yesterday but used a piece that would have little left over waste at the bottom. The edge from the Flourish thinlits was cut out and small dots of glue to let dry. Once the glue was dry I applied the edge to the bottom of the white layer. This layer was then added to the Marina Mist card base. Several flowers from Flower Patch and Botanical were stamped using Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist. The framelits were then used to cut them out. I also cut out the leaf spray from Rose Garden thinlets and leaves from Botanical Builder framelits. All that needed to be done was to add all the cut outs using glue dots. In looking at the completed project, I think it would have been better if some of the flowers had been added using dimensionals. Here is my completed creation.
inside of card and envelope
Stampin' Up supplies used for my creation