Well I finished up my November Thank You cards as well as made this card. I did not get to work on my planner as Jess got home later than I thought she would. I was tired so I went to bed early also.
I saw an idea on a You Tube video by Jennifer McGuire. I decided to see if I could use the idea with our supplies. I love playing with ideas from other companies to show how versatile our supplies are. Usually I can get it to work with some minor differences. Every once in a while I can't get it to work out and have to use the original items if I want to do it.
For my card today I began with a card base of Mint Macaron. I used the Detailed Floral Thinlits to cut out the smaller die in the lower portion of the card front. When you do this you need to leave about an inch at the bottom. After I had the thinlit cut out, I cut a piece of white to go inside. This gives the color to peek through the cut out. I stamped the small rose flower in Rose Wonder with Blushing Bride on white card stock. I then used ink in the lid and a watercolor pen to watercolor the flowers. After they had dried I cut them out. I also stamped the flower again on white with the Blushing Bride and cut out the inner small flower. Wink of Stella was added to all flowers before I cut them out. The smaller flower was layered onto the larger flower using a dimensional. I finished it off with an enamel shape in Blushing Bride. My sentiment was stamped with Mint Macaron and the end was flagged. I added some Tombow glue to the die lines of the cut out and let it set. By letting it set, it does not spread into the back causing your card front to stick to the inside layer. I attached the sentiment using the glue and then added one of the flowers using glue dots. With the other 2 flowers, one is added with dimensionals and one with glue dots. To finish off the card, I added some rhinestones. Here is my completed card.
inside of card and envelope
Stampin' Up supplies used to create my card