Friday, December 16, 2016

Snow

Happy Friday Ladies ~ Are you ready for some snow?

Well my yarn day was a mess.  I have taken out a new pattern I am starting at least 7 times.  I was struggling with it so I decided to use my bamboo needles rather than my metal needles.  The yarn is slippery and very, very thin.  The bamboo helped so let's see if I can get further along on it now with wooden needles.  Wish me luck!

I am sharing the card I created for the Card a Day challenge.  This one was for a sketch.


 Wednesday Sketch Challenge:

-->


The minute I saw this sketch I knew I had the perfect set for those circles.  I began with a card base of Crumb Cake that measured 5 ½” x 8 ½” and was scored on the long side at 4 ¼”.  Using the Softly Falling embossing folder and my Big Shot I embossed the front of the card.  A strip of the This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper – the one with the snowflakes on it – was cut at 1” x 4 ¼”.  To make this paper pop on the card base, I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock 1 ¼” x 4 ¼”.  The dsp was added to the card stock.  This strip was attached to the middle of my card front using some Tear & Tape.  I then used a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and some Elegant Eggplant ink to stamp the mitten from the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set.  The 1” circle punch was used to punch out my 5 mittens.  Next I used the 1 ¼” circle punch and some Elegant Eggplant card stock to punch out 5 circles.  I mounted the mitten circles onto the Elegant Eggplant circles using Snail adhesive.  The circles were attached to the card front using the pattern in the sketch and with Snail or dimensionals.  A bow was tied using some purple thread and added to the bottom of the snowflake strip on the right hand side using a glue dot.  Love the colors of this completed card.



inside of card and envelope




Stampin' Up supplies used to create my card
Thanks for visiting me today.  I have an appointment this morning for a pedicure but I will be in my craft room in the afternoon.  Too cold for anything else!  Have a Fabulous Friday and what do you think about Snow?

Robbie

No comments: