Friday, December 9, 2016

Rose Thanks

Hello Stampers ~ I have a Rose Thanks for you today.

Well yesterday was a very successful day in more ways than 1.  I got my 2 projects completed at the yarn shop.  Look for you hat in the mail next week Barb!  I then came home and clean my bathrooms and vacuumed my house.  Then I had rope lights above my cabinets I needed to replace so I did that.  I also have a bunch of Longaberger baskets up there so I took them down and cleaned the protectors and washed the liners.  Then I put my 2 trees together so they are ready to be decorated this weekend.  I did all that in a matter of 4 1/2 hours.  I was on a roll.  Today I have 2 workshops so I knew I would not have time to do much today so I got it done last night.

Today at the Card a Day Challenge blog our challenge is    

C.A.S.E. A Card Challenge:
-->


This is a clean and simple card so I needed to make sure my card was clean and simple.  I do not have a large bird in my stamps so I thought I would use a butterfly.  Well my butterfly was not big enough so I went looking for another idea.  I ran across my Rose Wonder stamp set and knew I could use it.  I wanted to give this card to someone who loves red so I decided to use Real Red for my card.  I cut my card base at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored it on the long side at 4 ¼”.  Another panel was cut from the Real Red that measures 4’ x 5 ¼”.  Since I was going to be embossing this panel, I used my Embossing Buddy to avoid stray flecks.  Using this panel I stamped my rose using Versamark ink.  Gold embossing powder was sprinkled on it and then heated with a heat gun.  Next I used the same procedure for my sentiment.  Now that my sentiment and image were embossed, I was ready to add my ribbon.  I chose some of the 1/8” gold ribbon.  I wrapped a piece around the front and attached it to the back using Tear & Tape.  My panel was complete so I added it to the card base using dimensionals.  To finish off the card I added a gold bow using the same 1/8” gold ribbon.  My card is now ready to mail!



inside of card and envelope




Stampin' Up supplies used to create my card
Thanks for visiting me today.  Head on over to the Card a Day Challenge blog and check out all the other challenges from this week.  Have a Fabulous Friday and let me know what you think of my Rose Thanks.

 Robbie    

No comments: