Saturday, December 10, 2016

Candy Cane Lane

Good Morning Everyone ~ Do you like the Candy Cane Lane suite in the Holiday catalog?

I did not do any crafting yesterday.  I had 2 workshops in the afternoon and then we had dinner for my sister since it was her birthday.  After that I was not in the mood to do any crafting.  I did spend about 3 hours on the phone yesterday morning with Amanda.  We have our classes for the next 5  months figured out.  We have the stamp sets we are using along with any paper or embellishments we are using planned also.  For my preorder I ordered the items for the first 2 months.  Now when the Occasions catalog goes live, I can order the items for the other 3 months.  It feels good to have that many plans made!

Today's challenge at the Card A Day Challenge blog is


Saturday Surprises Challenge:
Photo Inspiration 

-->


When I saw the houses, I immediately thought of our paper that has gingerbread houses all over it.  The card base is Whisper White that was cut 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored on the long side at 4 ¼”.  I pulled out the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper and chose the Gingerbread House paper as well as 2 matching patterns.  I cut the Gingerbread House paper  at 2 ¼” x 3 7/16” – this allowed me to have 2 of the Gingerbread Houses on my panel.  I mounted this onto a piece of Real Red card stock that measured 2 ½” x 3 5/8”.  Next I cut the dot paper 1 ¼” x 5 ¼”.  I wanted this paper to pop so I cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock at 1 ½” x 5 ½”.  The dot paper was added to the Early Espresso card stock using Snail.  Then using Snail I added this strip to the left hand edge getting it very close to the edge of the card front.  Next I cut a strip of the Candy Cane paper 1” x 4 ½”.  This was mounted onto a Real Red card stock piece that was cut 1 ¼” x 4 ¾”.  I added this to the card front using Snail and overlapping the dot paper.  The Gingerbread House layer was attached to the card front using dimensionals.  Now I needed a sentiment.  I chose one from the Candy Cane Christmas stamp set.  This was stamped using Early Espresso ink onto Whisper White card stock that was ¾” x 2 1/8”.  I mounted the sentiment on a piece of Early Espresso card stock that was 1” x 2 ¼”.  Dimensionals were used to add it to the card front.  My card was complete and ready to be mailed.



inside of card and envelope




Stampin' Up supplies used to create my card

I hope you will head on over to Card a Day Challenge blog to check out the other projects from this past week.

Thanks for visiting me today.  I have a workshop today and then I think we may try and get our trees straight.  They are up but not decorated.  We have been waiting for Zoie to be able to do them during the day.  Have a Super Saturday and pull out your Candy Cane Lane dsp and play!

Robbie

No comments: