Friday, October 7, 2016

Thanks!

Happy Friday ~ Here is a Fall Thanks card for you today.

Well I did not spend any time in my craft room yesterday.  I had plans to do some things last night but Jess had other plans for me.  She wanted to go to Leprechaun Lily.  This is a huge resale of  children's clothes, shoes, toys, furniture, you name it.  She has gone for the past 3 years and always gets some good deals.  That meant I had to take Zoie to dance and pick Remi up from the other grandmother.  Then I had both girls until Jess got home.  I had Zoie to get ready for bed and stories read then I had to appease Remi until she got home.  Needless to say I was scheduling my post at 10:30 last night.

Friday is C.A.S.E. a card challenge at A Card A Day challenge blog.  We had this beautiful card as our Inspiration.





-->
I loved the photo of the card!  I decided to do a Fall Version of the card.  I began with a piece of watercolor paper that was 4” x 5 ¼”.  I used the Seasonal Decorative masks and some Dreamweaver Translucent embossing paste to create the pattern.  Once the embossing paste is applied, you need to wash your stencil and applicator immediately so the paste does not dry on them.   Once the embossing paste is dry, the paper was taped to a board so that I could move it when needed.  I spritzed it quite heavily with water.  Then using a paint brush and reinkers in Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, and Pumpkin Pie I dabbed ink onto the watercolor paper.  To get the ink to move and blend, I picked up the board and tilted it so the inks would flow and blend.  When I was happy with the look, I set it aside to dry.  This takes a while.  You can dry it with a heat gun but that causes the ink to move more and I don’t like that.  While the ink was drying, I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and using the same inks from above I colored the card stock with sponges.  I again overlapped the inks so the blend was seamless.  I used this card stock and the Rose Garden thinlits to cut out 2 of the leaf sprays.  I also used the Greetings thinlits and some Cajun Craze card stock to cut out my sentiment.  Once the watercolor paper was dry, I used some Tear & Tape to  attach the paper to a Cajun Craze card base.  I used Tombow Multipurpose glue to attach the leaf sprays and the word.  The sequins were added using glue dots.   The embossing paste adds some glimmer and texture and because it is translucent, it is a surprised when the light catches it.  Very Fall looking card!  Here is my version of the original card.





inside of card and envelope



Thanks for visiting me today.  I have workshops this morning but will be in my craft room for a while and then Jess has a hair appointment so I will have the girls again.  I am hoping to get a few cards made.  Have a Fabulous Friday and show me your Thanks card!

Robbie

No comments: