Saturday, October 8, 2016

Rainbow

Hello Everyone ~ I have a rainbow on this rainy day for you!

Wow I was busy chasing kids yesterday.  Remi was wound up and going a hundred miles an hour.  She is also a climber so every time I turned around she was on top of a chair.  Needless to say I was pretty tired myself.  Here she is after I finally put her in the carrier to get a few things done.


On to today's card!  We always have a Surprise Challenge on Saturday.  It is usually a photo inspiration.  Here was my photo for today.

Saturday Surprises Challenge:
Photo Inspiration





-->
When I saw the photo I immediately was attracted to the heart strip and all the colors I decided to create my own version of the strip.  I took a piece of Basic Black card stock cut to 4” x 5 ¼” and applied it to a Whisper White card base.  Then using the Swirly Scribbles thinlits I cut the wave shape using Smoky Slate card stock.  I used Tombow Multipurpose liquid glue and dabbed on dots of glue to the back.  I set this aside to dry – letting the glue dry prevents the glue from oozing out all over but still is able to be stuck down.  While it was drying I used the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack to punch flowers using Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Mint Macaron, Pool Party, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, and Island Indigo.  I attached the wave shape to the left hand side of the card.  Then using glue dots I attached the flowers in the order listed above starting with Real Red at the bottom.  I added a small rhinestone to the center of all the flowers.  I used the Embossing Buddy in the lower right hand corner as I was going to emboss my sentiment and did not want stray flecks.  I used the “Thanks” from the Crazy About You stamp set.  Using Whisper White craft ink I stamped the sentiment and then embossed it with Whisper White embossing powder.  Love the look of this card.



inside of card and envelope



Thanks for visiting me today.  I have a workshop this morning and will be busy in my craft room as I make more cards to have ready for my blog by next week.  Have a Super Saturday and take some time to create your own rainbow today!

Robbie

No comments: