Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hand Stamped Sentiments - color challenge

Hello Stampers!

Our weather has been gorgeous.  I have worked in my flower beds trying to get them ready for Spring.  My yellow crocus has been blooming for a few weeks.  My purple have just started blooming.  I have hyacinths coming up and blooming as well as a few daffodils.  The rabbits got to my blooms on the few daffodils I did have so I will be limited in those blooms.  I had a lot of daffodil bulbs in but over the years they have stopped coming up.  I wish I knew what may have eaten the bulbs as most animals do no like them.  Any ideas you can share with me?

Ok on to my card.  Are you ready for some fun this week?  We have a fun color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments    










I was not sure what I wanted to do with these colors.  I was checking out some of the blogs I like to follow.  One of the ones I love to visit is Kittie at Kittie Kraft.  She does some amazing things with punches and frames.  I saw this card and decided to see if I could recreate it using Stampin' Up items.  While mine is not as fabulous as hers, I like how mine turned out.  Here is what I created.      


























inside of card and envelope

















Let me know what you think of my card as compared to hers.  I hope you will head over to the Hand Stamped Sentiments blog and play along with us.  Thanks for looking and have a Terrific Tuesday!

Robbie  

3 comments:

Erin Gonzales said...

First, love the new blog look- ;-) Second, FREAK your card is GORG!!! I love the frame effect and as always your insides are the BEST!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Very pretty! I love that you framed the flowers in black... Sorry about your daffodils...just a suggestion - when you plant them again, put them in clay pots and sink the pots in the ground...hopefully that will keep the bulb loving grubbers from having a snack! Good luck!

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Love the frame!!!
Perfect spring card!!! Diane