Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Coloring Down the Lines - Primrose Petals

Good Frosty Morning Everyone!

Well I have to tell you this color is one of my least favorite colors.  To me the color is not clear.  It is a muted color and hard to match up to any of the other colors.

Our colors for the challenge this week are

Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Basic Gray

OR

Primrose Petals, So Saffron, Baja Breeze

When I looked at these colors I chose the first choice.  The reason I chose those colors is I hardly ever used either of the 3.  I was a little stumped as to what I was going to do with these colors so I turned to the trusty catalog.  I decided that I would use Betsy's Blossom.  Here is what I created.





















inside of card and envelope

















So are you curious what the other ladies did with Summer Starfruit?  Hop on over to Amanda's blog - The Crafty Playdate to see what she did with the colors.

Thanks for looking and have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Robbie        

5 comments:

Sandy said...

You ended with a beautiful card despite not liking the colors. You were definitely up to the challenge. Good job, I love the ribbon treatment. Hugs.

Amanda said...

Robbie, you make it hard to believe that you don't use these colors all of the time! This card is great! Good job with the challenge!

Carol Carriveau said...

I agree with you on the color combo...I do use Basic Gray quite a lot... I also agree with you re Primrose......but your card is great and I love your ribbon treatment!

Helen said...

Robbie, your card is really nice for not liking the colors. ( ha ha ). I love what you did with the flower to make it pop. I like it - and as I said, I love the colors together. I've been making a lot with that color. Hummm.... we'll have to change your mind with this one, won't we? Very nice! Hugs!

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful card and love your ribbon treatment!