Monday, December 17, 2012

Late Night Stampers - 3D make an ornament

Hello Stampers!

Wow can you believe we have 1 week before the holiday is here.  I hope you have all your shopping done and can enjoy the remaining time.  I am done except for the wrapping.  I am planning on doing that tonight.

Our challenge at Late Night Stampers is to make a 3D ornament.  I had no idea what I was going to do for this one.  I did not want to do the one that you find everywhere modeled after the one on the front of the Holiday Mini.  I took a few a days to think about it and remembered a few years ago a tree made using gumdrops and took that idea and ran with it.

I punched several circles of patterned paper, punched a small hole in the center, and then scrunched them in my hands.  I took a strip of Chocolate Chip and wound it into a cylinder and glued the end.  I then took some linen thread and a needle and threaded the button, cylinder, and alternated the patterned paper and beads.  I did this until I felt my tree looked good.  All I had to do was take a piece of Cherry Cobbler tulle and tie it on the top.  I then tied the bow at the top and the bottom and my ornament was done.  Here are some pics of the ornament.

 

























the bottom cylinder

















the bead and circles

















I hope you enjoyed my ornament today.  What ornament can you share with us?  I hope you will make something to share.  Thanks for looking and have a Marvelous Monday!

Robbie

3 comments:

Kris said...

What a fun ornament, the kids were just asking to make a tree decoration the other day - I will have to show them yours!

Carol Carriveau said...

Very cute idea!

Jonia said...

This is too cute! Love it!