Sunday, November 11, 2012

Flowering Flourishes card share

Good Morning Stampers!

Well when it rains it pours.  I get my youngest with an appendicitis through an emergency surgery and in the middle of the night on Friday I get a phone call from Jess that they are transporting Zoie to Bethesda by ambulance.  She has been miserable for quite some time but it was getting worse.  It got to the point that Jess could not console her and she would just exhaust herself.  They were not sure what was wrong but after lots of testing and x-rays they have concluded she had some kind of virus.  They pumped her full of fluids and antibiotics as she had not been eating or drinking for  a few days.  They released her late Saturday but Jess has to go back to the ER to get another antibiotic shot in the am.  Hopefully they both slept last night as I know Jess was not able to sleep for quite some time.  I sure hope my life settles down now.

Ok I know you came to see my card for today.  I began with the color challenge at Dynamic Duos

  









I really liked this color challenge when I saw it.  I got some new stamps with the 15% off a few weeks ago so I pulled out one of those sets to use on the card.  I went for a clean and simple card as the flourish was large.  Here is what I created.


























inside of card and envelope

















I am loving these new flourishes.  I will be playing with them some more so look for them.  Hope you get a chance to get outside today.  Thanks for looking and have a Sensational Sunday!

Robbie

7 comments:

Carol Smith said...

Robbie, I sure hope Zoie soon gets better. praying for her... it's a worry, for sure when you don't know what's really going on.Hugs

Sandy said...

Your card is gorgeous. And, oh my, I hope your youngest is feeling much better. As for Zoie, I hope she gets better FAST! It is awful when a little one is sick. You just want to take it all away. I pray she is on the mend. Hugs to you.

Carol Carriveau said...

Sending best wishes for you and your family - and hope this is it for you all! Your card is beautiful - I agree on the color challenge - anytime these two colors are together, a fabulous card is created! TFS - take good care of yourself....!

Virginia S. Cox aka"Sam" said...

Hi Robie, Just wanted you to know I'm keeping you and all of yours in my prayers. I know what it is like to have a little one in the hospital. Take a couple of deep breaths and carry on. Thinking of you up here in MA. Sam Cox

Karen Day said...

Robbie, what a lovely, delicate card! And I love that you decorated the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week, and I hope your family gets well soon!

Vicki B. said...

Love that beautiful flourish, I need to take another look at that set. Thanks so much for joining us this week on the Dynamic Duos challenge!

Erna Logtenberg said...

very pretty elegant card!! Thanks for joining the Dynamic Duos challenge this week!