Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hand Stamped Sentiments Ribbons and Lace

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Well the cold weather is back again.  Now they are watching a coastal storm to see what track it takes. 

Over at the Hand Stamped Sentiments blog we have a great challenge this week.










I love both ribbons and lace and went to my stash to see what I have to use on my card.  When I saw the challenge I immediately thought of soft and feminine.

During my blurfing I ran across a great color challenge at GAB challenges and a sketch challenge at Cards & Things that would be great to use with our ribbons and lace challenge.

I had some of this lace I got from an online store that I liked.  I thought it would be fun to run some of the 1/8" taffeta through the holes.  So I had my ribbon and lace.  Now I need to do the card.  I looked in the catalog and realized the rose in Fifth Avenue Floral would be perfect for a ribbon and lace theme.

I stamped the rose in black on Pretty in Pink.  Next I used a blender pen and the ink in the lid technique to add some Regal Rose highlights.  When I was done I spritzed it with some shimmer spray so it was really sparkly.  Now I needed to make the card.  I thought it would be fun to stamp the rose on black and then trace over it with a clear gel pen to make a sparkly background.  I stamped the rose several times and then started tracing it.  As I was working on it, the ink dried and it was hard to see the lines.  I pulled out my mini flashlight and by shining it on the card at an angle I was able to see the line to trace them.  Oh the things we do for our cards!

So now I bet you are dying to see my card.  I love how it turned out.  It is so cute.  Make sure you check out all the bling on the background!  Here is my creation.























inside of card













Hope you enjoyed my creation for Hand Stamped Sentiments!  Make sure you check out our blog and play along.  Thanks for looking and have a Terrific Tuesday!

Robbie

7 comments:

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

This is beautiful, love how you used it as the background. I have finally decided to buy this one.

Shannon said...

Great ideas Robbie. I love the background and you're right, the Fifth Avenue Rose is perfect for this card. Really pretty.

Sherry said...

Hi Robbie, you have used one of my favorite stamps. I just love this rose. Never thought our using the glitter pen on it though.... awesome idea. You know how I love sparkle.

stampinbygenny said...

Beautiful card! I love the roses on the black. So ingenious to trace them with a sparkly pen. I love the lace. It's perfect

stampingminnie said...

WOW! Robbie -- I think you created a new technique. You should do a tutorial on it. Really Cool! The colors are stunning.

Anne Marie said...

Hi Robbie! This is one of my favorite color combo's ever and you rocked it! The roses look beautiful and that lace trim is fabulous! Awesome tip with the glitter pen! :)

Rose said...

Love your 5th Ave Floral! So pretty, Robbie :)