Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love this color combination!

Happy Tuesday to you!

Our snow is melting rather quickly. Now we have soggy ground everywhere. At least it has been melting slowly to give it a chance to sink into the ground as much as it can.


Today's card was a lot of fun to make. I saw a sketch challenge at the Cards & Things blog that I wanted to do something a little different with. The color combination at the Color Dare blog was absolutely beautiful. You were to use Basic Black, Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, and Tempting Turquoise. When I saw the sketch I thought it would be fun to have the panel made out of flowers rather than paper. I set out punching flowers using my different punches. When I had the 2 big ones punched, it needed something so I stamped the paper with the Fine Flourish stamp and punched my shapes from it. When I started laying out my flowers it felt like it needed something so I added a panel of designer series paper (I love black and white paper and wish Stampin' Up had more of of it). I was then layering my panels on my card and the turquoise layer needed something also so I stamped it with my recently purchased retired Weathered background stamp. I love this stamp and found someone selling it in a yahoo group I am a member of and bought it. It adds just the right touch. Here is the sketch and my creation.







































inside of card













Stampin' Up Supplies:
Stamps: One of a kind, Fine Flourishes, Weathered Background Paper: Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, white, Night & Day DS Ink: Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise Accessories: black brads, large punched flower - 5 petal - boho blossoms punches


If I get time I will post one of the cards I made for our March workshop later today so check back. Thanks for looking and have a Terrific Tuesday!


Robbie

2 comments:

Patti said...

Super cute! Love the flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Dare this week. Hope to see you again!
~Hugs~
Patti

KAREN B. said...

Oh you are right, the colors are so pretty! Love all the textures on your card.