Friday, February 26, 2010

The last I Dream of Stamping Challenge

Well I did it. I did all 5 challenges at The I Dream of Stamping blog. This last challenge was a curling challenge. You were to use something curled on your card.

I thought it would be fun to take skinny strips of paper and curl them and use them on the card. I cut my strips about 1/8" wide. Then I sprayed them with water and wrapped them around a pencil. I lightly taped them in place so the ends would stay on the pencil while they dried. It turned out great. I have also been on a punch kick lately and remembered I I haven't used sizzlets lately so I pulled them out to use on the card. After I punched the flowers and leaves I felt it needed a little texture so I used the Fine Flourish stamp to add some. I also used the Sweetest Stem as the leaves for a break from the Little Leaves sizzlet.

I combined this challenge with the color challenge on the Late Night Stampers yahoo group. You had to use only Soft Subtle colors. I chose to use Apricot Appeal, Blush Blossom, Mellow Moss, and Pale Plum. I also combined it with the sketch challenge at Cards & Things. I have to admit that I took a little liberty with my interpretation of the sketch and was a little loose with the exact elements, so let me know what you think. Here is the sketch and my creation.








inside of card
Stampin' Up images
Stamps: Petal Pizzazz Paper: Apricot Appeal, Blush Blossom, Mellow Moss, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum Ink: Apricot Appeal, Mellow Moss, Pale Plum Accessories: Flower Blossom Sizzlet, Cherry Blossom - Simple Flower - Sweetest Stem embosslets, Apricot Appeal & Pale Plum brads, crimper, sticky tape
Hope you enjoyed my creation. I will be working on some other challenges so I have cards to post so check back tomorrow. Thanks for looking and have a Fabulous Friday!
Robbie

5 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Wow...this is super cute! Love the little paper curls!! And congrats on completing all 5 challenges, that's fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card. Everything went together so well colors, layout and embellishments. Sandy

Michelle VanWiggeren said...

This is beautiful! The little paper curls are wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along with us -- and completing all 5 of our challenges!!!!

Krista Driessen said...

What a great card !!!!! Thanks for playing along !

Jane Matsumoto said...

I can't believe I missed this one... LOVE this card! The curls are awesome!! Thank you for joining us for all of the challenges!