Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Creating with my favorite flower!

Yeah, it's hump day!

Well I am sharing another lovely card I made on Sunday. This one uses my favorite flower the daisy (actually the flower that I used could be a number of different flowers but I see daisy when I look at it. I began with the heat embossed challenge at the I Dream Of Stamping blog. This is a new challenge blog that just started up and I did their first challenge using the Olympic colors. There are a few more challenges posted that I will work on and post also. I saw the sketch challenge at the Eat Sleep Stamp blog and when I saw the circle shape I knew I wanted to use daisies to create this shape. I have this great embossing powder called Black Diamonds that is very sparkly when you emboss with it. I thought it would be great to do my daisies with it. I also have some Ancient Gold embossing powder called Enchanted Gold that looks so good on Barely Banana (also very sparkly) that I wanted to use so I thought it would be fun to add a scalloped layer in Banana with butterflies embossed on it. It was then just a matter of adding the other layers. I chose a green for the vertical strip and stamped it with the vine from Vintage Vogue. For the horizontal strip at the bottom I used a piece of white and used the scallop trim border punch on one edge. I layered a yellow sparkly ribbon over top and I was done. Here is the sketch and my creation.







































inside of card














Stampin' Up Supplies
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Vintage Vogue, Hello Again Paper: Barely Banana, Basic Black, Green Galore, white Ink: Barely Banana, Basic Black craft, Green Galore Accessories: Barely Banana marker, scallop trim border punch

I am going to try and do another one of the challenges at this blog and post it later today so check back. Thanks for looking and have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Robbie

5 comments:

Larisa said...

it is so nice ))) I love these flowers )) Good job!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card - I love that 5th ave flower set!! Thanks for continuing to play with us over at IDOS!!

Anonymous said...

wow, those flowers came out really nice. love the bottom part of your card too w/ the nice ribbon! awesome card! -anthonette

Michelle VanWiggeren said...

This is really beautiful! Thanks again for joining in our challenges at I Dream of Stamping!!!

Jane Matsumoto said...

Stunning color combination! Very pretty flowers! Thank you for playing along with us!