I began by coloring my image with my watercolor crayons. After I colored them I misted it with my water bottle. Then I stamped it on my white cardstock. I repeated the procedure with one edge of the stamp so I could make the smaller panel. After it had dried I began with the layers. I tried several of the colors from the image but the pink really made it pop. In playing with the layers I tried a scrap of black behind the layered image and since the black piece was smaller it was offset and I like the look so I decided to use that idea.
Once I got the layers put together I decided about the placement of the 2 images. Since my images were fairly large I ended up having to use a 5 x 7 card rather than my A2 size. When I placed the images on the white card it needed a layer to help make the images pop. This is where the trouble began. I tried the yellow and it was too harsh. I tried the purple and it just didn't pop. The pink didn't work since I had used it to layer the images. The only color left was green. I like that, but it needed something else so I decided to use a background stamp to give it some texture. The only thing left was to add a ribbon and some brads. Here is the final creation.
inside of card
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Mini Mates, Crosshatch (both retired) Paper: Basic Black, Glorious Green, Pink Passion, white Ink: Glorious Green, Palette Noir Black Accessories: ribbon (Pink Hedgehog), Bold Brights watercolor crayons, Sizzix Scribbles Swirls, mister, silver brads (Pink Hedgehog), sticky tape, dimensionals
I will be working on my sketch set for tomorrow. Check back to see what I came up with. Thanks for looking and have a great day!