Friday, March 27, 2009

Loads of Love Birthday

I needed a birthday card for an 85 year old gentleman. I thought it would be fun to use the Loads of Love set to see what I could come up with.

I stamped the truck and packages on watercolor paper. Then using the ink in the lid and and aquapainter, I colored in the truck. I colored the tires with a marker rather than watercoloring them. To make the bumpers, I colored them silver gray then using the Sakura Stardust gelly roll pen I colored over the gray. I think this technique makes it looks like metal. I also used crystal effects on the windows to look like glass. I think the card turned out cute. The gentleman really liked it also. Here is my creation.
















inside of card




Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories, In My Thoughts (retired), Birthday Print (JRL Designs) Paper: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Patterns Prints pack DS, watercolor paper Ink: Real Red, Palette Noir Black Accessories: Bashful Blue - Basic Black - Ballet Blue - Gable Green - Green Galore - So Saffron - Summer Sun markers, silver gray Marvy marker, ribbon (Ribbons and Bows Oh My), 1" - 1 1/4" - Designer Label punches, Sakura Stardust gelly roll pen, aquapainter, crystal effects, dimensionals

I will be working on a commitment, cards for a workshop on Monday, and my cards for my April workshop. I will post cards when I can. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Robbie

No comments: