Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another St. Patrick's Day Card

Did you watch Dancing With the Stars Monday night? I am a huge fan and was so looking forward to seeing Jewel dance. Unfortunately she had to withdraw due to an injury. Oh well it will be interesting to see how this season works out.

Did you ever have a patterned paper that you weren't sure how to use. Well I got 2 of those in the DCWV Spring Stack two years ago. The St. Patrick's Day paper is very busy and not my style. I am attempting to use them on my cards for some variety.

In this card I used a strip of the paper down the left side of the card. I also had a striped background stamp I hadn't used in a loooonnnnggg time so I pulled it out and inked it up with Craft Whisper White and embossed it with white embossing powder. The card turned out better than I thought. Here is my creation.


























inside of card


Stamps: Shamrock, Background Stripes (both from Hero Arts) Paper: Glorious Green, white, Spring Stack (DCWV) Ink: Glorious Green, Craft Whisper White Accessories: ribbon (Pink Hedgehog), white embossing powder (Embossing Arts Co.), dimensionals
Check back tomorrow to see another card using the challenging paper. Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Robbie

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Yes, I do have those patterned papers that I'm like, how the heck am I supposed to incorporate this into a card, LOL. Your card looks nice. I like the variety of shades of green and I like how you decorated the interior of the card. That's something I need work on.