Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mojo Monday Colour Create Card

Boy I really challenged myself with this card. I had to modify the colors as best I could.

I discovered a new color challenge site. Colour Create has the color challenge to use peach and aqua. I looked through all of my inks and found that my VersaMagic pads had 2 colors that I could use.

I also wanted to do Verve's sketch challenge for this week. I decided to combine the 2. I needed to use a patterned paper or background stamp to create the look. I immediately thought of my favorite background set Perfect Plaids, a retired Stampin' Up set. I love the look of the plaid background with the 2 backgrounds used on the middle piece.

I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch to punch butterflies in the 2 main colors. I then attached some seed beads in the center to add some bling. Do you like the look? Here is the sketch and my creation.































inside of card


Stamps: Perfect Plaids, Fresh Filler (both retired), Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Thought of You (Inky Antics) Paper: white, aqua and peach (DCWV Spring Stack cardstock) Ink: Mango Madness, Sea Breeze (both VersaMagic chalk ink) Accessories: ribbon (Michael's), Trio Flower punch, horizontal slot punch, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, seed beads (Michael's), half pearls (Michaels'), sticky tape, dimensionals
So don't you just love the inside of this card? I really enjoy using the Perfect Plaids set. Hope you enjoyed seeing my card. Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Robbie

3 comments:

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card Robbie! I love the stamp set you used, the sentiment is wonderful and those butterflies are so pretty! Glad you found that ink so that you were able to join the challenge on Colour Create this week. Chris :)

Sharon said...

This is wonderful Robbie. That sentiment is absolutely beautiful. Now, who wouldn't be over the moon to get a card like that? Wonderful use of the colours and I do love those flowers and butterflies. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Tara said...

Fabulous card Robbie, so pretty and a wonderful sentiment too!
Thanks so much for joining in with us this week at Colour Create! xx