Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another Amy Sketch Card

Yesterday I posted a card I had made using Amy's sketch. I realized I had changed her sketch a little. While it is okay to change a sketch I really liked her layout and decided to use it for a card for my workshop this week.

I have been saving used dryer sheets for a while as I remember seeing a post with them. I decided to use one of the sheets as a background for a snow card. They are readily available as we all use them. To attach them to the card I used glue but found that my card warped. I know they can be attached using mono but it takes a lot. If anyone has attached them another way, please let me know as I would love to be able to use up my dryer sheets in a variety of ways.

I cut my snowflakes out with my Cuttlebug die cut using glittery felt. I found the glitter did not stay on so don't waste your money on that just get plain felt. To add the glitter I smooshed my snowflake in my glue pad then put it in my glitter. I did not press it into the glitter as I wanted some white to show through. Everything else is pretty cut and dry. Here is the sketch again and my creation.



Stamps: Big on Christmas, Snow Swirled, Cold Play (retired) Paper: Baja Breeze, white, Ski Slope Designer Series Ink: Baja Breeze, Basic Black, Encore Silver Accessories: Going Gray - Mellow Moss - Pumpkin Pie - Real Red markers, Spica red micro flake pen, Clear gelly roll glitter pen, Cuttlebug snowflake die, Nirvana glitter (Art Glitter), glue pad, dimensionals

Isn't this a beautiful card and don't you wish you were coming to my workshop? Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Robbie

2 comments:

Rachel said...

very cute!!

Lisa Graves said...

Very pretty! I love the soft blue color.