Sunday, December 14, 2008

2 more cased cards

After I posted yesterday I headed to my craft room as I had 2 more cards I wanted to case.  Both of these cards use the Lovely As A Tree set.  I am so glad they did not retire this set as I love using this set in the fall and winter.  You can create some beautiful cards with this set. 

The first card I cased was created by Jenn D.  I loved how she highlighted her masked area with piercing.  I created a circle template just like I did yesterday to stamp my trees.  After stamping my trees I stamped the single large pine tree.  Then I used a plastic circle canvas that I bought at JoAnn's to pierce around the stamped trees making sure I began and stopped piercing at the pine tree.  I did place my saying too high and should have it down more towards the corner.  Like the looks of this tree for a different look.  Here is my creation.

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, All Holidays Paper: Handsome Hunter, white Ink: Handsome Hunter, Real Red Accessories: plastic circle canvas (JoAnn's), paper piercer, red grosgrain ribbon, sticky tape, crystal effects

My second card is actually a case of a case.  I saw this card posted by Stampin' Mo and knew I wanted to give it a try.  I liked the simplicity but elegant look of the card.  Here is my creation.

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, All Holidays Paper: Always Artichoke, Mello Moss, white Ink: Handsome Hunter Accessories: white Gelly Roll pen, paper piercer and piercing template, ribbon (JoAnn's), sticky tape, crystal effects, dimensionals
Well I am headed back to my craft room to work on some deadlines I have.  I am thinking I will only do a few more Christmas cards and then move on to some winter cards.  Thanks for looking and have a great Sunday.
Robbie 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHH I like them. Both of them are just so pretty. Will print them out to save for ideas. By the way, Hi Robbie, Sandy

Markie's Mom said...

Hi Robbie!
You visited my Blog today and asked for a snowflake tutorial. The way you do it is by using VELLUM instead of the Red paper!
Here is a link:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7328202&postcount=1

Ramona Michaluk said...

I really like these two cards Robbie. I have this set too and it's so versatile.

I especially like the first card with the pierced circle around the trees - great idea!